2721 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayorcesar
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m trying to create my own version of the sales CRM. I manually copy in new leads (job numbers) in my first table and then I’d like those same job numbers to automatically appear in a second table so that I can group them by company which submitted them. I’ve tried it with a lookup but that doesn’t automatically pull in new data, which is what I would like - an automated lookup. Anybody ever ttried something like this?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @mayorcesar! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: First off, I moved this to a more appropriate category (it was in the “Web Clipper” subcategory originally, and this has nothing to do with the web clipper block).

To your question, Airtable doesn’t offer any method of automatically duplicating data across tables. To do that, you’ll need to use a third party integration tool like Zapier or Integromat, which can find new records in one table and create copies in another.

However, I’m not sure that this is the best way to address your underlying question. You say that you’re trying to group records by the company that submitted them, which doesn’t require a different table. For that, I suggest making a new view. When it comes to simply reorganizing existing data in specific ways, views are the better option. You can read more about views here: