Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikolo00
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Friends, 

I need help from somebody. 

I am trying to build a database to enter data of some patients with a specific disease. I created a 1st table di patients' unique IDs and some demographics. What I need is to add "events" related to each patient, which could be operations and follow-up visits. Each event includes info like date, type of surgery, patient status and so on. Each patient can have multiple events, but each event can be related just to one patient. 

Can someone help me and suggest how to proceed? Thanks a lot 🙂

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

I would suggest you create a new table called "Events" with the fields date, type of surgery, patient status, etc that you mentioned

Then, link the two tables together via a linked field.  Here's some documentation that'll get you started: https://www.airtable.com/guides/build/connect-data-with-linked-records

Thanks, I did as you suggested. 

The problem is that each "event" seems to need a unique identifier as per the first column (and that appears in the 1st table when I link the 2 tables) while I would just need to see in the 1st table the number of events (i.e. number of surgeries) and the last follow up. Is it somehow possible to do this?

Yeap, add a "Count" field