Help

Re: Best way to keep edited by records? Can you display information from another base?

619 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anxious
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have a database that allows users to fill out a form to add information to it. They can also update information via a form as well. While "Created by" is one field, the "Edited by" may have several users and times. Is there a way to store this information in a different base and display it in another?

I am limited on the number of rows I can have.

Airtable Account: Free Plan
Records: 1,200/1,200 1000/1000 (I might have to find a different solution soon)
Automation Runs: ??/100
Extensions: 1/1 (TinyPNG Compression Script, looking for free alternatives)
2 Replies 2
Shaynaza
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

To track "Edited by" information separately from the main form submissions in a database, create two tables: one for initial form submissions with the "Created by" field and another for updates with "Edited by" and timestamp. Establish a relationship between the tables using a unique identifier. Use queries or joins to display the "Edited by" information alongside the original form submissions. This approach ensures data consistency, reduces redundancy, and provides a structured way to manage user edits in the database.

I figured as much. I can't do that though as I can't add any more rows to my base. That's why I was wondering if I could add information from one base to another.

Airtable Account: Free Plan
Records: 1,200/1,200 1000/1000 (I might have to find a different solution soon)
Automation Runs: ??/100
Extensions: 1/1 (TinyPNG Compression Script, looking for free alternatives)