cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Holt
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey there, 

I own/operate a wholesale industrial supply company and built and Airtable base that helps us track and manage all of our upcoming deliveries (ship to address; jobsite contact; sales order number; etc). 

As a part of our process, our team logs in Airtable when the sales order has been "picked" from inventory and is ready for shipment. I want to add a way for our team to log how many parcels are on the order (i.e. 1 pallet, 2 boxes) and think a button would be the best way to do that. The desired workflow would be Click Button --> Picking status moves to "Ready" --> form pops up that user inputs # of boxes, # of pallets, and # of bundles, then closes form. 

Once the form closes, that would then send a print session to our label maker that prints off the delivery information and includes the number of parcels it has (i.e. "1 of 3"). 

Does anybody have experience setting something like this up? The button to form component is the part that is stumping me

3 Replies 3

Hmm, both Interface buttons and Button fields give you the option of opening a URL, and so you could open the form from these, right?  Apologies, I feel like I'm missing something

Alex_Holt

Yeah I guess I could. I'm just not very well versed with the button field so not exactly sure how to set it up correctly. 

So if I have it open a URL that re-directs to a form, user then could input requested fields and then close and that would redirect that back to the table with the completed information? 

Ah right, got it.  How you do this really depends on your desired workflow.  I've set something up here for you to check out and you can duplicate the base to view the formula I used. 

Here's a gif of how it might be used potentially:

Screen Recording 2023-07-17 at 8.58.02 PM.gif

It works by putting a prefilled form URL into the button field that'll link the form submission to the order record, and uses lookup fields to display the form data