Help

Re: Can I change the range of a register without changing the linked record with another base?

Solved
Jump to Solution
894 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Federico_Ades
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Community!

How are you? My name is Federico and I am having a question about the bases.

I have a big base where there are 5 tables inside.
I need to change one of the column so I can create a new base to add the CRM.
The question is:

I have the column that says “Name” and i want to change the first column to a formula and then concatenate the name and surname. The link will be the same name but changes the field to a formula instead of the short desc.
This table is connected to a table that give course to all the clients orders.

Can I change the range of a register without changing the linked record with another base?
If I change the row that is linked to another table, it will crush?

I will be waiting for an answer!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Federico_Ades!

I’m not sure what you mean by “changing the range of a register”.

However: Yes, you can change the contents of your first column (i.e. the primary field), and all of your links will remain intact. So you don’t need to worry about that.

Airtable actually links records behind-the-scenes by using an internal record ID number, so you don’t have to worry about changing the value of your primary field! :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Federico_Ades!

I’m not sure what you mean by “changing the range of a register”.

However: Yes, you can change the contents of your first column (i.e. the primary field), and all of your links will remain intact. So you don’t need to worry about that.

Airtable actually links records behind-the-scenes by using an internal record ID number, so you don’t have to worry about changing the value of your primary field! :slightly_smiling_face:

Federico_Ades

Scott, how are you?

I am really sorry of my english while writing haha

Thank you!!! That was the answer i needed!

Take Care Scott!

Haha, fantastic! :slightly_smiling_face: Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face: