Help

Re: Can one form enter records into two different tables?

1399 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_Cahill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m new to AirTable so forgive me if this has already been answered.
Is it possible to create one form that will enter records into two different tables?

I am making a form to enroll a student. The first 4 fields, Name, village, birth date will go into a table of students. The next 4 fields: semester, year, study group would go into another table as these would differ from year to year.

Thank you in advance for considering my question.

Rob

6 Replies 6

It isn’t possible to have one Airtable form feed into two different tables.
If you have a Pro subscription, you can chain Airtable forms together–clicking the submit button for one form automatically redirects to a second form for a new table.
However, for a better user experience, you might want to use a third party form integration, such as JotForm.

You may want to check out some of the tools on this website:

Thank you for your response. Very helpful to know that it is impossible so that I can stop trying to figure it out.
Rob

@Rob_Cahill, just to clarify: It’s only “impossible” using Airtable’s native features that are built into a single form.

But there are tons of different workarounds for this, because this is a very common request that many people need.

@kuovonne and I outlined only 3 workarounds above. But there are many more workarounds as well, in addition to the 3 listed above.

For example, you could capture the data from a single form, and then create a JavaScript automation, an Integromat scenario, or a Zapier zap to parse out the data for you into separate tables.

You might even be able to do what you want with On2Air: Forms, but I would ask @openside about that.

So you have tons of options for making this work. :slightly_smiling_face:

p.s. If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to figure this out for you & program it for you, feel free to send me a private message. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks ScottWorld.
If this question is pretty common, it might be something AirTable should look at making available on down the road a bit. I can see how it would be really useful.

We are working in an environmental education program in Guatemala with a shoe-string budget but if you are interested in giving us a hand ‘pro-bono’ I’d accept. There are only a couple design issues that still need to be resolved.

thanks

John_Williams
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Create separate forms and embed Iframe together.