Help

Re: Can you delete the lookup table and keep the linked field?

Solved
Jump to Solution
762 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qdan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

When I delete the actual lookup field AFAIK the linked field by itself is doing what I need.

My question is why am I generating this lookup field to begin with and can you delete/not generate it into the table to begin with?lookup

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @qdan!

You do not need that lookup field. You can delete it.

The lookup field is for you to bring in OTHER FIELDS from the linked table, not to bring in the exact same field that you just linked to in the linked record field.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @qdan!

You do not need that lookup field. You can delete it.

The lookup field is for you to bring in OTHER FIELDS from the linked table, not to bring in the exact same field that you just linked to in the linked record field.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you @ScottWorld :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:
This is indeed the solution, so then I assume, there is no way to not generate this extra field by default. You must delete it manually every time?

You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

The lookup field doesn’t generate by default. When you add a new linked record field, a window pops up that ASKS you if you want to create any lookup fields, but you can just skip that option.