861 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dustin_Good1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a base with three tables, Clients, Cases, and Case Approval. 

So far I have it set up so that as soon as a case in the "Cases" table has it's status changed to "Pending Approval" it will create a record in the "Case Approval" table. 

At this point I was hoping I could send an automated email to the client with the Airtable Record URL so they could open it and approve or reject the design. 

1. Is this the best way to automate approvals? 
2. Is there a way to accomplish approvals without the client needing an Airtable account? 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

> 1. Is this the best way to automate approvals? 
Hard to say, really.  How do you define "best" here?  Do you have any specific concerns about the workflow you've created?

> 2. Is there a way to accomplish approvals without the client needing an Airtable account?
Since the client needs to be able to view the data and approve/reject, maybe you could look into using something like Softr on top of Airtable?

See Solution in Thread

Dustin_Good1

As for the workflow, I feel like it would be so simple if I could just send an automated email to the client that includes a single select or checkbox for them to approve design files, however it doesn't seem that simple. (These are clients that don't have airtable which may complicate things)  At this point I guess I don't even know if this is a workflow that can solely exist in Airtable or if I need to do it via softr or zapier. 

I do currently have it hooked up to softr and just tried to add a checkbox option to my list details block however its just a dash mark "-" when I preview in softr.  

See Solution in Thread

> As for the workflow, I feel like it would be so simple if I could just send an automated email to the client that includes a single select or checkbox for them to approve design files, however it doesn't seem that simple. (These are clients that don't have airtable which may complicate things)

Ahh yeah I get it.  The best you could do for clients without Airtable accounts is probably a prefilled form I reckon.  In my head I'm imagining that you're sending the details the client needs to review everything with the email itself, and so I'd put a prefilled form URL in the email as well.  That way once the client's reviewed everything they can open said form and just select whether they're approving / rejecting and submit it. 

> I do currently have it hooked up to softr and just tried to add a checkbox option to my list details block however its just a dash mark "-" when I preview in softr. 

Yeah, maybe try changing it to a single select for approve / reject or something?

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

> 1. Is this the best way to automate approvals? 
Hard to say, really.  How do you define "best" here?  Do you have any specific concerns about the workflow you've created?

> 2. Is there a way to accomplish approvals without the client needing an Airtable account?
Since the client needs to be able to view the data and approve/reject, maybe you could look into using something like Softr on top of Airtable?

Dustin_Good1

As for the workflow, I feel like it would be so simple if I could just send an automated email to the client that includes a single select or checkbox for them to approve design files, however it doesn't seem that simple. (These are clients that don't have airtable which may complicate things)  At this point I guess I don't even know if this is a workflow that can solely exist in Airtable or if I need to do it via softr or zapier. 

I do currently have it hooked up to softr and just tried to add a checkbox option to my list details block however its just a dash mark "-" when I preview in softr.  

> As for the workflow, I feel like it would be so simple if I could just send an automated email to the client that includes a single select or checkbox for them to approve design files, however it doesn't seem that simple. (These are clients that don't have airtable which may complicate things)

Ahh yeah I get it.  The best you could do for clients without Airtable accounts is probably a prefilled form I reckon.  In my head I'm imagining that you're sending the details the client needs to review everything with the email itself, and so I'd put a prefilled form URL in the email as well.  That way once the client's reviewed everything they can open said form and just select whether they're approving / rejecting and submit it. 

> I do currently have it hooked up to softr and just tried to add a checkbox option to my list details block however its just a dash mark "-" when I preview in softr. 

Yeah, maybe try changing it to a single select for approve / reject or something?