2561 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristen_Edge
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’ve read a couple threads on this but didn’t see an answer. When I open a Linked Record, the fields it shows do not directly correspond with any of my actual views from that table. I want to rearrange the fields for the Linked Records, but don’t know how to adjust if they don’t seem to be coming from one view. They are not coming from the first view in that table. Thank you for any help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is it possible that another user has created a personal view which is the first view, but that view is currently hidden from you?

See Solution in Thread

11 Replies 11

This is an Airtable limitation. The field order ALWAYS comes from the first view under ALL circumstances, and there is no way to change this.

That’s not what I’m seeing though. Here is the first view in my Schools table

Here are the fields when I click on the Linked Record for Schools

They don’t match up, so I’m trying to determine how to change them.

Is it possible that another user has created a personal view which is the first view, but that view is currently hidden from you?

That has to be it. Thank you!

You’re welcome! Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face: I would also recommend emailing support@airtable.com to ask them to improve this feature!

Joseph_Steenso1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Does anyone know if this is the same for the mobile app? When I change the order of the fields in my first view, they change when accessing the linked record using the PC but when I open the android app all my fields are hidden and whatever I try I can't get the order of them to change. I can click on the dropdown "22 hidden fields" to show them but the order isn't what I need and I'd like to hide some fields and have others show.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

JMarty2288
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am seeing the same issue as the original poster, but this is still happening even when my top grid view shows the correct order of fields I'd want to see on embedded cards as well. Any other solutions? 

I was having this issue in the phone app. I was having the problem with a double linked record, like two tables away. (A record linked to a linked record) The fields were organized differently than every single one of my views in the table. DateCreated was 2nd, so maybe default to the age of the fields in the table...

Anyways, I find that if I first go to the intermediary table first and view the linked record, it comes up organized according to the top view of the table. THEN, when i go back to the first table and to navigate to the record in the third table, it comes up in the proper order. 

First/start table --> Second/intermediary table --> Third table

I also got rid of my sections as I couldn't be sure which view was actually the first view. Not sure if this contributed to the solution or not. If my description is too confusing, let me know and I can can explain more. 

Ybali
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I cant find the view that matches what is being displayed in the linked record. my guess is i deleted it.  this is really awful development by airtable. anyone have any suggestions?

what happens if you delete the view? 

If you are looking at a record in a table that is directly linked to the table you are in, then the order of the fields will be as is organized in the "top view" in the corresponding table. If you delete it, then another view will be the "top view."