cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_Guest
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Airtablers!

I’m new to airtable and trying to figure out if it will be a suitable tool and I could really use some input from people who know more than I do…

I’m trying to build a stakeholder register that has a RACI breakout for each stakeholder BUT it gets a bit complicated because:

1. Each stakeholder may be a part of multiple projects
  2. Each stakeholder may have different RACI assignments for each project
  3. Each project can have different stakeholders
  4. I also want to use an exported .csv to include details about each stakeholder for easy reference, and use a lookup so that I only have to enter the stakeholders name and their details autopopulate (this part I do have working).

In terms of reporting, I need to be able to see at a glance:

1. Which stakeholders are involved in each project, and their RACI assignments for that project
  2. All projects that each stakeholder is involved in (since many are involved in multiple projects)

Any insight/tips would be greatly appreciated!

4 Replies 4

Hmm, what if you had a Stakeholder table that had all the stakeholder details etc, and a Projects table that had four linked fields to the Stakeholder table, each linked field representing one of the RACI categories?

You could then see a per project or per stakeholder breakdown depending on the table you were looking at

Hi Adam!

Thanks for your suggestion :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not entirely clear on how that would let me report the RACI allocations for each stakeholder if they differ between projects. I have a number of different stakeholders involved in different projects, but at different levels and its very hard to keep track of which stakeholders are on multiple projects and where they fall for involvement/communication for each project.

For example:

I have a stakeholder table that has all potential stakeholders, along with all of their relevant information (name, email, department, title, time zone, etc).

Bob Ross is a member of two different projects, Project A and Project B

On Project A, Bob is a core member and needs to be heavily involved

On Project B, Bob only needs to be informed, and doesn’t need to be involved on a regular basis.

Should I have one ‘Projects’ table with the following columns:

Column A: Project - This would designate the project that the stakeholder is involved in.
Column B: Stakeholder Name (this would be linked to the Stakeholder tab to autopopulate the stakeholder information (email, department, title etc)
Column C: Checkbox for R
Column 😧 Checkbox for A
Column E: Checkbox for C
Column F: Checkbox for I

Or should I have one table for each project? I’m stumped :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Hi Sarah, here’s an example I set up for you that might help:

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 12.44.08 PM
Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 12.44.04 PM

Thanks Adam! Really appreciate you taking the time to put that together :slightly_smiling_face: