Help

Do attachments in synced views take up space in both the origin and destination base?

Topic Labels: Base design
Solved
Jump to Solution
360 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricardo
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi community, I'm wondering whether syncing attachments from one base to another will take up space in both or only accounts for the origin base? Is it the same of data library sets? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Takes up space in both bases.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Takes up space in both bases.

Ricardo
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks for the quick reply @ScottWorld. I appreciate that the previously existing public download links were depreciated. Is there an alternative / workaround to access attachments in another base that doesn't take up space?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Do you need to view them in the destination base? If not, you can add a button that “opens source record”, which will take you back to the original record in the original base.

If the attachments need to be publicly accessible, then you would need to move your attachments to a cloud storage space like Google Drive.

Ricardo
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks again @ScottWorld, my attachments are images, which I'm displaying in Glide (an app frontend) and sync via a plugin to a WordPress website. The images are stored in a "CMS"-base and sync to my production base, where they're linked to records in related tables. This is to use the same image version in multiple places (one to many relation).

As this doesn't seem to work, I will try to heed your advise, use Make to batch migrate the images from Airtable to Google Drive and then write the GDrive URLs back into Airtable. From your perspective, does this solution make sense?

Hi @Ricardo, Yes! That is what I would recommend! 🙂