1193 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JakeD
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I've run into a strange issue that I can't figure out. 

For one of my tables, when I right-click on a record and select "Duplicate" it doesn't do anything. On all the other tables, when I right-click and select "duplicate" it works just fine. 

Could it be possible that a certain field type stops records from being able to be duplicated?

Has anyone run into a similar situation?

4 Replies 4
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JakeD 

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble duplicating records on your table! I'd recommend checking a few things to see if they help get you unblocked:

• Are you bumping up against record limits in your base?
  • Is this happening in every view in that table? Are you able to manually add records?
  • Do you have any table editing permissions enabled?
  • Is the record actually being duplicated, but just being filtered out of the view?
  • Does the issue persist when attempting to perform the action while in an incognito window?

Hopefully one of the ideas above will help get you unblocked, but if not, please let me know!

Thanks for the suggestions. It turns out it wasn't any of those reasons though. Still not sure what it was, but it did thankful suddenly start working again the next day. 

I honestly think it was a random hiccup and nothing more. Havn't seen it happen since. Strange, but seems to be over haha

Borna_Noureddin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I am having this same problem, and it's been a couple of days. None of @Vic_Airtable 's list are the problem, I checked. Any ideas?

For now, the only workaround I've found is to copy the record, go to an unfiltered view, and past. It's not a good solution, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Borna_Noureddin 

Could you try clearing your app/browser's cache to see if that helps resolve the challenge? Instructions here. 👍 If using the desktop app, you can click Help on the menu bar, select clear cache, and reload to perform the equivalent action.