cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniela_Fernand
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, 

I need an attendance tracker for nonprofit organization that organizes different extracurricular activities throughout the year. I'm working on a generic form that the coordinators of each activity would use to report the activity, time, description/impact, and attendance. The attendance is linked to a table that compiles the beneficiaries of the different activities that are run by the Non-profit. 

We already have some beneficiaries or previous participants in this table and so some of the attendees are already in our records, but when we have new attendees, I would like to be able to generate a new record from a form. I am able to add a new record in the grid view, but not in the Form. I have already tried to use the link to the form, not the form builder view and it was still not allowing me to add a new record. Is this even possible? or am I missing something? The objective is to be able to have a beneficiary registry or a complete list of beneficiaries to report to our donors every year (also to be able to track, those who participate in several activities, or those who come back year after year). If you have any other ideas to do this I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!

6 Replies 6

If you’re using a linked record on a public form, Airtable doesn’t allow your form-filler-outers to add new records to that public-facing form.

One solution would be to create an interface for your coordinators instead of having them use a form. With an interface, you can give the coordinators permission to create new beneficiary records when they need to. 

Daniela_Fernand
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I will try that!!! Thank you so much for the quick reply!!

Daniela_Fernand
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It still won't let me add new records for new attendees. It only shows previous participants.

If you're viewing the linked records in a Grid layout, you can't add new records. You need to choose the linked record from the 'Add Element' section of the interface and then choose the Field element. Then you should see a list of attendees for any given activity. On the right side of interface, where the element options are, scroll down until you see Permissions. That's where you can set the options for your users to add new records to the attendee list.

Hi! I don't see the "Permissions" part you mention... Here I share a print screen...

Thank you so much for your help!

Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 22.00.25.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-25 at 22.00.37.png

Daniela_Fernand
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi! Still stuck with this issue. Do you know if I need a Pro plan to be able to do this? 

O do you know if in form view I can add new records or collect information from users who do not have an Airtable account?

Thank you so so much!!