Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

[Gallery View] How to configure different fields in card view and card expansion view

Topic Labels: Base design Views
995 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sydney
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All,

How can I configure different fields in card view and card expansion view?

Use case: I want the cards to be smaller and neater, and show 1st tier information only at a glance. Upon card expansion, I would like to show more details.

Basically, it should be able to select which fields would be part of the view, and the which fields would go on Card only and which ones on Card expansion.

Im afraid I know the answer, because I searched for it. Its just that I cant believe that that functionality, with so much potential, is useless in any case that's not super simple, what a waste of a feature...

Any plans from Airtable to improve this feature?

Kind regards

1 Reply 1
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sydney 

I believe that what you are hoping to do is actually available in Airtable. Sounds like you only want to display a couple of fields on the card view and then more fields when users click on the card to expand the view. In order to do this, you'll need to set up an Interface. Here's an example using a Gallery view in an Interface. Hope this helps point you in the right direction!