cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zephir
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, 

I use Group by option on field Project (linked field). But I don't understand why 2 groups for the same project are displayed. 

An idea ? 

groupBy.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeap that's true.  In "Projet" when you use the Group By functionality you're grouping by the text value of "C", which gives you the result you expect

However when you're grouping by the linked field, while it's displaying as "C", it's actually grouping by the record ID of the linked record.  Here's some screenshots that help with demonstrating this:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 8.48.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 8.49.47 PM.png
Does that make sense?

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Hm that would happen if you actually had two records in the table "Project" with a primary field value of "C".  Could you check whether that's what's happening?

zephir

Right, I have 2 records in the table Project. But in this table, the group by on the same field is valid. 

zephir_0-1677152153746.png

Yeap that's true.  In "Projet" when you use the Group By functionality you're grouping by the text value of "C", which gives you the result you expect

However when you're grouping by the linked field, while it's displaying as "C", it's actually grouping by the record ID of the linked record.  Here's some screenshots that help with demonstrating this:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 8.48.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 8.49.47 PM.png
Does that make sense?

zephir

Ok, to avoid this

I apply Group By option on a calculated field based on project field which allows to obtain the expected view

zephir_0-1677163860275.png