786 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clive_Cass
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My Airtable is a simple deposit of client data most of which is there for storage purposes such as address and only some details I will use all the time such as phone number. I am an accountant and I could group blocks of fields into sections like PHONES, ADDRESS, TAX, PAYROLL, ACCOUNTS (AND OTHERS) and I guess there might be 100 fields or columns but I only ever want to see 10. The ADRESS section will have 5 fields for 5 lines of the address and the TAX section will have about 20 fields for all the tax reference numbers. How can I “GROUP” sections of fields such as ADDRESS or TAX and HIDE or UNHIDE them whenever I want to. Also would this GROUP hide / unhide function be available in both the grid and expanded record view.

4 Replies 4
Mary_Going2
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

What if you hide fields instead of grouping? If this doesn’t solve it, can you send a screenshot?

I do not want to hide and unhide dozens of individual fields over and over again. What I am asking is if I can group say 100 fields into say 10 groups of fields each with say a dozen fields in each I can then hide and unhide a whole group in one go. For example If my clients’ Tax section has 30 fields I can group the 30 fields as a Tax Group and just hide the Tax Group most of the time and unhide it when I want to look inside it for some data and then quickly reside the whole group again.

That could be a cool feature, but your real solution is to simply create different views. Each view should be configured to show you only the fields that you want to see. That’s specifically what views were created for.

whoiscarlo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Did anything ever come of this?