Help

Re: Help getting me going now I have my main table listing materials I want to be able to save for specific customers

662 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrian_Webb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,
first time posting.
I have created a table to help me price jobs more effectively and I have effectively created a list of materials, costs with and without VAT, it all totals up and is working well.

What I would like to be able to do now is having added the quantities for a particular commission then move this materials and quantities to a new table with that customers name and have it remain and not change when I alter the master. That way I can keep an accurate costing for individual customer and amend just their record when I need to. Does anyone have the time to help me.
Screenshot 2022-05-12 at 17.09.21

Thanks so much in advance.

4 Replies 4

Hi @Adrian_Webb
I can try to help you.

It sounds like you now need a new table to hold your People (customers, sales?) and a table to hold your orders. The orders table should link to the People and the Materials. Once this is set up and there is data, you can use RollUp to run a formula on how many Materials a Person ordered.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks so much for taking the time.
So if I create a table for each customer for example, surely I can add lines from my materials table to it somehow. And then I can amend the quantities within the customer table.
In the customer table I can then add in my overheads and labour costs and hopefully generate a genuine and repeatable cost based method of pricing my furniture. you help is much appreciated.

I created a similar base, if you want to take a look at it.

Thanks very much I think I am getting there, it seems to be working for me