769 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sidney1983
5 - Automation Enthusiast

First of all, I'd like to thank all in the community who helps in advance!

I have chosen Base Design for this post's location, though formulae etc will also be appreciated.

I'm running a SMMA and am still new to Airtable despite making good progress over the last week and need guidance setting up a base in Airtable to gather metrics via scraping. 

This base has three main tables, Post View, (Social Media) Account View, and a client View.

In Post View, info about each individual post our clients make such as # of views, # of shares etc as well as the time and date of posting is collected. In the Account View, data pertaining to view, shares, data the view, share, like and comment count data for both (Today) and (Yesterday) are displayed. The third table is further aggregation to give a better top-down view.

I have two main questions. 

In the second table and third tables how can I ensure that the data for 'Views Today' becomes the data in 'Views Yesterday'?

Also, specifically for the last table, I have many fields, but I will only mention a set of them as the same principle can easily be applied to the others. These are Views Today, Views Yesterday, Views Last 7 Days, Views Last 14 Days and son on for a year. If I have the data for 'Views Today' and 'Views Yesterday', how can I ensure that the 'Views Last 7 Days' accounts for the data collected over the last 7 days if I do not have fields specified to keep count of the data collected on days 3, 4, 5 and 6 days?

I have attached some screenshots below, and I thank you again for your help.

Thanks! 

The issue I have 

4 Replies 4
stevendasilva
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Sidney1983 

Hello!

Please see this video here:

https://www.loom.com/share/1771bd4d60154f52b5e4846991b04579

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Steven Da Silva

Systems With Steve

Hello Steven!

I've just seen your reply and I will check out your solution after breakfast. I'm really excited to learn your methodology, try it myself, and give you my feedback!

Many thanks!

Sidney1983

Hello again Steven,

I've watched your video response / solution a couple of times and I still have the question mark on my mind related to how the data for each day will be retained / remembered to be utilised if I do not store data for every post made every day.

stevendasilva
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Good question. @Sidney1983  So in the post view, how are you currently getting the info for each individual posts? You mentioned it was being collected, how are you doing that?