Help

Re: How can I change the connecting line color in an org chart?

269 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdwardHamlin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have an org chart that's looking good except for one thing: the lines that connect the name cells are in a faint blue that is all but illegible. The help bot gave me irrelevant advice, so I'm trying here. How can I configure the color of those lines? It's unusable like this.

6 Replies 6
jsep
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

If you are referring to the org chart extension, you cannot change the color of the lines.

However you can add colors to the each item of the chart to make it look like in this example.

jsep_0-1712710849332.png

Thank you - but why are your lines grey and legible, and mine are faint blue and illegible?

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @EdwardHamlin 

Can you please share some screenshot of it.

Here you go. Open to suggestions! This really doesn't work.

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @EdwardHamlin 
If you don't want to use those colors on the Org Chart then create an extra view specific for that use, then remove colors-related options https://support.airtable.com/docs/record-coloring-in-airtable#removing-conditions-or-colors

Then connect the Org chart with that specific view.

Make sure you use proper structure supports by ORG chart hierarchy

Removing the condition colors in the data table has no effect on the connecting lines. All I need (and this hardly seems unreasonable) is an org chart with legible connectors. Attached is a screenshot of what I now see. There are lines, actually, but so faint as to be illegible. I cannot use this. Why is this so hard??