852 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nelson_Quan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am putting different decimals accurate no. to my table, but I just want them to show in 2 decimals. Like in pop. column, I put 1.459868 and 1.84390809. I want them to show as 2 decimals but keep the original. So in one day I still can convert back to the originals. How to do that?

Nelson

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Nelson_Quan!

Just create a formula field that looks like this:

ROUND({Number Field},2)

Replace “Number Field” with the name of your number field.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Nelson_Quan!

Just create a formula field that looks like this:

ROUND({Number Field},2)

Replace “Number Field” with the name of your number field.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks. what you mean that I still need to leave the original column there and create another formula field there? Otherewised I can not use the same column when I put the formula.
if no, please give me a little bit more detail. Thanks so much.

Yes, that is correct.

thanks, but still bit disappointed , but generally, airtable is great still

I agree. Disappointing that a field needs a second field just for rendering. With this design, if there are five different rendering requirements for this field, you will need six fields in all - silly.

Ideally, rendering should be separated from values. Wait!!! We said that in 1998 with web content. There was an entire conferenced devoted to the separation of content from style. [sigh]