cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Cosgrove
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi

I hope someone can help, I am new to Airtable and have a project for a customer and wondered the best way round creating the solution.

My customer is wanting to create a list of blocks that when exported as a CSV will create a shopping list for the actual ordering of the material.

For example, they could have a number of orders per week for different products and they then need to create a list of all the parts to purchase.

My initial idea was to create drop-down lists of the options across all their products and then my customer as they get orders will select the part and the number required for each part, but there could be a number of sections to the list on each order line so could have multiple of the same items (let’s use different screw sizes as an example)

My other thought was, as I am new I don’t know if this is possible, they create somewhere all the parts for each product and then when they get an order, they select the product against the order and it auto-populates with the items required for that one order within the one product and then they can export a CSV and pivot it to create their full order list for the week

Not sure if I have explained this well, but hoping someone can help

Many thanks in advance

1 Reply 1
himg1509

Hi @Peter_Cosgrove were you able to find out the solution to this airtable problem? 

I actually have a similar problem statement relating to creating a grocery shopping list from a meal plan. Would you be able to help?

heman