1147 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikolo00
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am creating a database to follow-up on some patients. Some patients have been operated on, others not and I created a field "single select" (yes/no). I need to make visible for the user some fields (columns) only if the answer to the "single select" is yes. Is this possible?

Thanks you

2 Replies 2
RoseAmelia

Hi there- 

The answer to this question depends on how you plan to use the base.

If you are using it internally, you are going to want to utilize the 'View' feature.

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 8.46.24 AM.png

1. You should create one view for Patients w/ Operations and another view for Patients W/O Operations.

2. Using the filter button at the top of the page you can include records where the 'Single Select' (yes/no) is yes for the Operations and no for those without operations.

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 8.45.20 AM.png

3.  Finally, you'll want to use the 'Hide Fields' button to choose which fields are visible in the views. This will allow you to show certain fields in one view and keep those hidden in another view.  

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 8.47.42 AM.png

However, if you are hoping to have user's fill out a form on their own, you can use conditional logic buttons in the form settings. If you share some more context on the project, I may be able to advice further.

Hope this was a helpful start! Good luck

nikolo00

Thank you very much.

In detail, in the database I must add all patients that are in follow-up for a specific disease.

I started creating a table with basic information (gender, date of birth etc), and as 1st column, each patient has a specific identifier. Then I need to link to each patient some specific "events", with some detail for each event. The "events" are operations (with details like dates, type of surgery, complications...) and follow-up visits (dates, disease status, etc etc). How do you suggest to proceed? Thanks a lot 🙂