724 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nur_Baizura
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I have a requirement that needed to be solve by using (as if a) store procedure. I going through list of app available and didn’t find any, the closes one is scripting but I aware the script only can be run manually. I need something like scripting but can be trigger by front end.

Any suggestion will be really helpful, thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Nur_Baizura Can you clarify what type of trigger in the front end you want?

Airtable can run scripts in two ways: scripting app and automation scripting actions.

• With Scripting app, the script can only be run from a button: either the button in the Scripting app itself, or a button field in a table.

• With Automation Scripting actions, the script is run in reaction to a trigger. The trigger can be the result of a data change made in the UI, such as changing the value of a field. An automation can also be triggered when the filter conditions for a view change. The trigger cannot be the result of most UI interaction that do not change data, such as selecting or unselecting a record or viewing a different table.

With a custom app, there are many more possibilities, including changes to the selected record or table. However, custom apps development is a major undertaking, much more complex than script writing.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Untrue. Scripts can execute based on things that happen in the UI - example - a record moves into a view.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Nur_Baizura Can you clarify what type of trigger in the front end you want?

Airtable can run scripts in two ways: scripting app and automation scripting actions.

• With Scripting app, the script can only be run from a button: either the button in the Scripting app itself, or a button field in a table.

• With Automation Scripting actions, the script is run in reaction to a trigger. The trigger can be the result of a data change made in the UI, such as changing the value of a field. An automation can also be triggered when the filter conditions for a view change. The trigger cannot be the result of most UI interaction that do not change data, such as selecting or unselecting a record or viewing a different table.

With a custom app, there are many more possibilities, including changes to the selected record or table. However, custom apps development is a major undertaking, much more complex than script writing.

Thank you for your further explanation,

The trigger cannot be the result of most UI interaction that do not change data, such as selecting or unselecting a record or viewing a different table.

This explained my requirement would needed more complex development.