Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Is unicode supported in Airtable?

Topic Labels: Base design
354 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RockyCCChong
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all, 

Quick question to understand if unicode is supported in Airtable. 

Currently I have Vietnamese, Chinese and Japanese that I wish to import into my airtable app. Vietnamese seems to have some issues. So just want to find out the supported languages. 

Thank you. 

1 Reply 1
florence023
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@RockyCCChong wrote:

Hi all, 

Quick question to understand if unicode is supported in Airtable.  choiceADVANTAGE

Currently I have Vietnamese, Chinese and Japanese that I wish to import into my airtable app. Vietnamese seems to have some issues. So just want to find out the supported languages. 

Thank you. 

Hello,

Yes, Airtable does support Unicode, which means it should handle a wide range of languages, including Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese. However, if you’re experiencing issues with Vietnamese, here are a few things you can try:

Encoding: Ensure that your data is encoded in UTF-8 before importing it into Airtable. This is the standard encoding for Unicode and should help resolve any character issues.
Copy-Paste Method: Sometimes, directly copying and pasting the text into Airtable can help preserve the correct characters.
CSV Import: If you’re importing data from a CSV file, make sure the file is saved with UTF-8 encoding. You can usually set this option when saving the file in your spreadsheet software.

Hope this will help you.
Best regards,
florence023