1042 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robin_Pike
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it possible to put the fields side by side?
Like this…
First Name _________ Last Name ________

instead of…
First Name

Last Name

Also, is there a way to make the boxes next to each field smaller? They are really long (like above)

Thank you for your help!!
Robin

2 Replies 2

@Robin_Pike,

Welcome to the Airtable Community!

As far as I can tell it is not possible to position fields side by side in an Airtable form. :frowning:

If you get good with the Airtable formula editor, you might consider creating a single NameEntered field where somebody could type something like “Mary Smith” and you can parse the names out into first name and last name fields. But covering all the options with names can be a little tricky.

Your other question was, can you make the field boxes less wide? You didn’t paste a screen shot so I’m not sure whether you’re asking about Airtable’s Form view, or about the expanded record view (what you see when you click the little ‘expand record’ button at the far left end of each row). Either way, the basic answer is, you don’t have any control over the width of those boxes. Yes, can be a little annoying when you know that the field is only ever going to contain one word…

William

Thank you for your response. I am far from getting good with Airtable, let alone the formula editor… lol

I appreciate your feedback.

Robin