734 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Viselli
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a table which is an inventory of all of our computers in the company, with several piece of information (RAM, etc.), with the computer name being the primary field.

I have a second table which is a data export of all DEVICES that have our software installed on them and what the software version is, including work computers and employee computers.

I’d like to create a field in the first table, that’ll grab the software version from the second table. When I try to use linked fields, it populates the first table with all of the devices from the second table, though. Is there a way to only list the devices in the first?

1 Reply 1

I’m not sure that I understand your end goal. Link fields allow you to tie specific records in one table to specific records in another table. When making a link from [Table 1] to [Table 2], Airtable is going to display the records in [Table 2]. If I go to [Table 2] and create a link, I’ll see records from [Table 1]. The link choices are always from the target side of the link.

Can you give a more specific example of what you’re trying to accomplish?