Help

Re: Multiple records linked to a 'linked record' field, even when it's disallowed in the field optio

Solved
Jump to Solution
468 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yongjoon_Kim
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a linked record field in my table (Table A) where I disallowed the linking with multiple records from Table B. However, when I duplicate a record in Table B that is linked to a record in Table A, the linked record field in Table A gets 2 linked record, even though the linking with multiple records is still disallowed. How can I prevent this to happen?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent that from happening. Unfortunately, the “restriction” that you set on Table A is not really a restriction… it is simply a tiny little cosmetic obstacle to make it a little bit more difficult for a user who has access to Table A to add more than one linked record.

But ALL other parts of Airtable can bypass this restriction: automations can bypass it, the API can bypass it, the linked table can bypass it, etc.

As a workaround, you could make an interface where users ONLY have access to Table A with no access to Table B. That would be a cosmetic way of working around the problem.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent that from happening. Unfortunately, the “restriction” that you set on Table A is not really a restriction… it is simply a tiny little cosmetic obstacle to make it a little bit more difficult for a user who has access to Table A to add more than one linked record.

But ALL other parts of Airtable can bypass this restriction: automations can bypass it, the API can bypass it, the linked table can bypass it, etc.

As a workaround, you could make an interface where users ONLY have access to Table A with no access to Table B. That would be a cosmetic way of working around the problem.