cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPPSO_NC
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have an unusual filter requirement. So how I need this to work is: 

I only need to go into the view on Mondays and Tuesdays. The data will be imported in every Tuesday. Once that data is imported I need to see data from the previous week, 

For example I import the data on April 23, 2024. Then I need to only see this data between April 16th - April 22nd Then when I look at the view on April 22nd I still need to see the 16th-22nd of April. 

So if I import the data on April 30th I will need to see records between April 23rd - April 29th. If I look at the view on May 29th I see the 23rd - 29th. 

Is this even possible? Or what is the best way to achieve this? 

6 Replies 6

Hm, yeah this should be doable but how it's done depends heavily on how your data's set up  Any chance you could provide screenshots of some example data through two imports?  The only important fields would be the "Created Time" field and any "Date" data you're importing

JPPSO_NC
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a created Date field called Created Date that is a Created Time and then the other date that needs to be filtered is Desired Delivery Date (Final) and that is a Date field with no time, I currently have that set as Friendly.

The Import is just copying and pasting from an excel record. I have an interface built for that, I don't want my users to see the back tables. There are other fields that I hide to run other processes. So they have a way to do a simple import. 

Thanks!  Hmm, may I know what issues you faced while trying this filter on the 'Created Date' field?  In my head this should work as you're doing the imports every Tuesday, so for the next 7 days you log in you'll only see the data that's from the last import like you want

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 10.13.45 AM.png

E.g. assuming this flow:
1. Import 1 on 16 April, 'Created Date' value of 16 April
2. Import 2 on 23 April, 'Created Date' value of 23 April
3. When you open this view on 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, you'd only see the records with a 'Created Date' value of 23 April

(I realize you've probably already tried this and once I understand why it didn't work for you I can see what I can do to figure out a workaround!)

JPPSO_NC
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

No I need to filter based on the other date. The Desired Delivery Date (Final).

So to confirm, the data you're looking at for this week could be from 2-3 imports ago?

JPPSO_NC
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I don't understand, I import new data every Tuesday. This data is then filtered as I previous stated. The desired date is the one that needs to be filtered, based on the previous days. So If I import on April 30 I need to filter and see everything from Apr 23 - Apr 29. This part I get how to do. The problem I am having is the second part of the issue. When I look at the data on May 6 I need to see all the data from Apr 23 - Apr 29