cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brent_McNamee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

I’m charged with organizing 19 sessions of the same event, and need to track a purchaser and 5 participants for each - including everyone’s contact info. For each session, I’m looking to create a one-page summary report showing the basic info for the session, and the 5 participants.

We’re not talking a huge project here, but It’s my first database ever. I was quickly overwhelmed by MS Access, so I tried Airtable, and love it. Now that I’m almost finished the database though, I’ve discovered that (I think) the only way to create the one-page report I’m looking for is to sign up for a $240 yearly Pro plan, which totally isn’t worth it.

Have I used a sledgehammer to kill an ant here? I’m really eager to learn new things, and Airtable looks great and has been fairly easy to learn, but I feel like I’ve hit a brick wall just trying to produce the simplest of reports here.

Any advice would be appreciated. I’ll just use spreadsheets if I have to, but Airtable looks so promising and intuitive.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Hi Brent, and welcome to the community!

This happens to a lot of folks.

Even for the Pro plan, the reporting features in Airtable are virtually non-existent. This is a pretty big weak spot for Airtable at the moment. Many users will set up a [free] Zapier or Integromat process that exports the data into Google sheets or docs to generate reports. You can use these tools with the free tiers and move the data to sheets or whatever to get the job done.