1519 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis_Troya
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I am trying to prefill a linked field in a form but I don’t want the user to be able to modify it.

I try to things:

• I hide the field using a never accomplish condition and using prefill_ on the iframe url but the field is not sent it to the table
  • I remove the field from the form and try sent it via prefill_ on the iframe, but the same result. No info was sent it to the table

This is the url I am using:

https://airtable.com/embed/shrnfA3nT6b2jUoVe?prefill_Notes={notes}&prefill_ID={id}

I don’t know what else can I try. I would appreciate any hint on this.
Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Unfortunately, Airtable doesn’t offer this very important & much needed feature. I would highly recommend that you suggest it as a feature request in the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category.

The only way to do this is by using external tools.

One option is build an external form with a form-building website (such as Gravity Forms, TypeForm, FormStack, etc.), and then you would submit your entries into Airtable using Integromat or Zapier. Integromat is cheaper & more powerful than Zapier, so that’s my personal preference. But Zapier is fine, too, for these purposes.

Another option is to use this great tool from MiniExtensions — they’ve actually created a ton of different form tools for Airtable, and this is just one of them. This one does exactly what you need:

Hi ScottWorld,

Any chance to pay only for this extension? That’s exactly what I need!

Thanks for your help.

That’s not my tool. You would need to ask them.