Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taruk1981
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I am new to Airtable

I am currently trying to create an internal fit out tracker for a construction project for a block of apartments, i am looking at tracking and reporting the completion of each trade completing their task within each apartment.

I've currently set up a base with 3 tables in, the first table (see image) lists the apartment number (270 in total)

The second table has Fitout Tasks (See Image), which consists of 1st fix, 2nd fix, and final fix

The Third table (See image) is the Fitout subtasks that are the children of each of the above fixes, i.e the 1st fix has 9 sub task that need to be completed so that we can move on to the second fix, the second fix has 14 sub tasks that again need to be completed so that you can then move on to the final fix which has 16 tasks.

I've linked each of the sub-tasks(Third table) to the Tasks (Second table) and then linked both the tasks and subtasks to each of the apartment blocks.

The problem I am having is that when i mark one of the sub-tasks as complete for one of the apartments, it marks it complete for all of the apartments, I want to be able to mark the completion of each of the apartments separately, as they won't all be done at the same time.

Does anyone have any advice on what i am doing wrong or how i need to resolve this issue

Thanks in advance

Regards

4 Replies 4

You're going to need a unique record per subtask <> apartment and task <> apartment I'm afraid

Hi thanks for your response, could you give me an example.

Would i end up with a row for each task i.e every apartment would have 3 rows with 1st fix, 2nd fix, and 3rd fix effectively having 270 x 3 rows (810 rows). then for the 1st fix sub tasks i would have 270 x 16 rows = 2430 2nd fix 270 x 14 = and for the final fix 270 x 16 = 4320. 

Yeap, that's right.  You probably already know about this, but repeating groups would be very helpful for automating the task creation

Taruk1981

Thanks for the response, i don't no to much about repeating tasks but i will look into it.