37 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobCH
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What does done look like? (The requirements I collected)

My CEO is wanting me to build a base that ties project management and PTO together for better task/project orientation.

1. This base should display all projects and tasks as well as the leads and team members associated with them. 
2. For PTO, the person's name should be linked with the dates that they will be out of the office.
3. The dates for the PTO and Tasks should tie into on single calendar view that will allow my CEO to view everything from one place. 
4. Alerts/errors should be displayed when a deadline or start date is set on a day where that lead, or assignee, is taking PTO.

5. There should be an automated availability field that displays the persons availability for the week depending on their tasks/PTO assigned.  

The base I have accomplishes 1-3, but I am stuck on completing requirements 4-5.

Is there a way that this can be done?

Have any of you built something similar to this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

3 Replies 3

re: 4. Alerts/errors should be displayed when a deadline or start date is set on a day where that lead, or assignee, is taking PTO.

Hmm, if the Tasks are linked to the Assignee, and the PTO is linked to the Assignee, then we should be able to create a lookup field to display all the time off requests within the Tasks table.  From there, you can check whether the deadline/start date is part of their PTO? 

I'm curious about this requirement though; do you want to be alerted if they have PTO within the start date and deadline of the task?

---
re: 5. There should be an automated availability field that displays the persons availability for the week depending on their tasks/PTO assigned.

Could you provide an example of how this would look?

4. It would be a "nice" to have for Airtable to alert someone when they are scheduling a task during a PTO date range.

5. I have no example really, but the availability field would be a percentage type that would decrease or increase depending on the tasks they have assigned to them. Or display them as 0% available when they have PTO during that time. 

I am just trying to get some ideas from people that know Airtable better than I do. If it is something that cannot be done then so be it. Not a big deal.