494 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltisdalecmg17
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm setting up a new base and have been thinking through different ways to get to my end goal but I'm afraid I'm making it too complicated. I've searched but I'm not finding exactly what I'm trying to do. Here's my scenario

I have a table with a set of client addresses. I need to use this list as "options" on a form to include in the current months mail run. But I also need to be able to add new addresses. Currently I was planning on having a "base customers", "new customers" and then a "monthly" that pulls the information together by linking the records. My problem with that is I want one column that is street address but with linked records from two different tables they would be in two separate columns. Could I create a formula to combine table 1 street with table 2 street since there won't be addresses in both anyway? Or should I setup an automation that when a record matches certain criteria it makes a new record in the monthly table with the correct information? 

Thanks! 

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

> Could I create a formula to combine table 1 street with table 2 street since there won't be addresses in both anyway? Or should I setup an automation that when a record matches certain criteria it makes a new record in the monthly table with the correct information? 

Both of these are doable, formula's probably easier to deal with I reckon

I don't really understand the bit about needing "Base Customers" and "New Customers" as separate tables so that you can add new addresses tho; can't we add new records to "Base Customers"?

ltisdalecmg17
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You're probably right about adding new customers into the base customers but I was trying to figure out a way to include the base customers as options in a form. I need a way for the customers from the base to be listed on the form for people to select to reuse. 

There could be 100 clients in the base and then for May they want to select 5 of those to receive the mailing but also need to add a new client as well.