709 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgoldin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We've just upgraded to Enterprise and we are looking to take advantage of the new "apps by airtable" for marketing. The site says "Preconfigured apps get your teams driving to results faster than ever. Now available on Airtable Enterprise plans." The video is slick.

I can't seem to figure out where these are located or how to activate them. Can anyone direct me to them?

5 Replies 5
xad9119
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @jgoldin 

Here's the answer I got from the enterprise support when I asked about this a couple of months ago : 

Apps by Airtable are available for qualified customers on our Enterprise Plan. We think that Apps by Airtable will be a better fit for your usage later this year when we’ve made some updates to the product experience. In the meantime, all of the app-building features that exist in Apps by Airtable are available to you today.

We understand that the prominence of advertising the feature may have given the impression that it is widely available to all customers. Please allow me to clarify that the availability of certain features and developments is not solely based on the size or scale of a company. Our product roadmap is designed to address the needs of both large and small Enterprise customers, and we continuously strive to improve the product experience for all.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thank you, @xad9119 for posting that reply from Airtable support.

1) It tells us that there are product chances coming later this year, and these changes are significant enough to withhold something that was highly advertised. Likely the “product” is the underlying Airtable platform versus the “apps” themselves. There have been hints at long desired features. (Let’s hope the changes are better than the redesign of interface record details.)

2) While the message makes it clear that there are layers to “enterprise” and not all enterprise accounts are equal, it gives hope that the number of seats (revenue) in a company is not the sole determining factor in who Airtable pays attention to.

3) The message reminds us that we have in our hands, right now, the ability to build everything that “Apps by Airtable” offers. There are no hidden features available only in “Apps by Airtable”. This means you can build a solution that is custom tailored to your use case, instead of using an off-the-shelf template that might not quite fit.

@jgoldin You can click the “request demo” button on this page. These Apps by Airtable are not as self-serve as regular templates. 

Hi @kuovonne 

I like your optimism!

I have to admit that I regret Airtable's communication about this feature and I don't understand why making a fuss about it and why maintain confusion between the website and official resources ("Now available on Airtable Enterprise plans") when it's only restricted to a smaller portion of enterprise customers, which is not a problem in itself, I fully agree with you, we have everything in our hand to build custom solutions. 

I understand that the tools exist, but we upgraded to enterprise specifically for the marketing platform. We're new to airtable and don't have the technical expertise to build out something that integrated and detailed ourselves. It's approaching false advertising and really disappointing.

You should reach out to the enterprise support and submit a demo request, I have been in touch with them a few times and they generally adapt and answer quite well to those situations.