cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justin_Eppley
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello all --

I am having a challenge bringing in data from a lookup field.  We have a table that lists incoming deliveries as each row.  There is a column labeled "tags" in this table that where we want to show tags from another table (product details) that the delivery table is linked to.  The challenge is that while each delivery is unique, the products associated with the delivery are not.  What seems to be happening is that the first instance of the product name (which is how the lookup is working) is returning the tags but not for all instances.  Is there a way to override this?  

Thanks,

Justin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Eppley
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Fortunately, I figured out the best way for me to do this was to change the link structure and link out from the table I am bringing data into rather than vice versa.  Thank you.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Could you provide screenshots of your tables as well as an example of what you'd like to see based on said screenshots please?

Hi @TheTimeSavingCo ,

Please see screenshots of the tables.  The first one is the table where we are pulling in the field "Product Tags" and the second table is a synced view that has the product tags we are pulling in.  In the first table, you'll see a good example of what I am talking about.. the product labeled "Bedtime Chews (10pk)" has no product tags being populated for that particular instance, however, they are being pulled in for the first instance of that product further down the table.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin_Eppley_0-1680704066259.png

Justin_Eppley_1-1680704193773.png

Thanks for the details!

> In the first table, you'll see a good example of what I am talking about.. the product labeled "Bedtime Chews (10pk)" has no product tags being populated for that particular instance, however, they are being pulled in for the first instance of that product further down the table.

Hm, I don't see another instance of "Bedtime Chews (10pk)" in the first table.  Could you also provide a screenshot of the "Incoming Wholesale" table with the linked field you're using to link each product to the table with the product tags?

Justin_Eppley
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Fortunately, I figured out the best way for me to do this was to change the link structure and link out from the table I am bringing data into rather than vice versa.  Thank you.