cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpelaU
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi guys!

Is it possible to have URL in primary field? So that the URL is hidden behind some text (rich text formatting). Like you can do in other fields:

SpelaU_0-1713345012360.png

So now I have this:

One field is brand and the other is model (here I added URL). Primary field is brand + model. When I embed this view into my blog post, reader needs to click on the primary field and from that it opens up window where he needs to find it and click on URL one more time. I don't want that additional step (click) and honestly I think that reader won't find it quickly. Or it can be confusing.

SpelaU_1-1713345352675.png

Is there a way to add rich text formatting in primary field?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

When I embed this view into my blog post, reader needs to click on the primary field and from that it opens up window where he needs to find it and click on URL one more time.

What type of view are you embedding in your blog? If it is a gallery view, the user will always have to expand the record before being able to click links. If you embed a grid view, links should be clickable without expanding the entire record.

Do you plan on including additional text in the rich text field beyond the single url or could your field include multiple urls? If not, have you considered using a URL field with a button field that opens the url?

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

That functionality isn't available at this time I'm afraid

jsep
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

You cannot have rich text fields as a primary field. However, you don't need to do that.

You can create another view ("Blog View") to be embedded in your blog. In that view, the first field can be the one with the URL so users can quickly click if they want to.

I hope this helps! If you need help implementing this solution, feel free to schedule a free call with me.

- Juan, Code and No-Code Solutions Expert

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

When I embed this view into my blog post, reader needs to click on the primary field and from that it opens up window where he needs to find it and click on URL one more time.

What type of view are you embedding in your blog? If it is a gallery view, the user will always have to expand the record before being able to click links. If you embed a grid view, links should be clickable without expanding the entire record.

Do you plan on including additional text in the rich text field beyond the single url or could your field include multiple urls? If not, have you considered using a URL field with a button field that opens the url?

SpelaU
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@jsep yup, I already did that. And it works. I was just trying to do that in the primary field 🙂 But it's okay that way. I will use button field as @kuovonne recommended, because it's more visible to the reader.

Thanks guys!