645 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brite_Admin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have a simple table (See below). I want to create a Leaderboard that shows each team and their total score across several quizzes in order from Highest to lowest total.

I am not sure if my initial setup is the best.

I know I can group by the Team and it will give me the total score but there is no way (that I know of) to sort by the Total Score.

1. I don’t have experience using a Rollup and can’t figure out how to set up the second table to gather the needed info.
  2. Does anyone know of a good app that will take my AirTable result and make a pretty leaderboard that I can embed on a website and automatically update as new data comes into AirTable,

Screenshot

1 Reply 1

Hello @Brite_Admin!

Based on the information in your post I created a 3 table base setup that I think may work for your needs.

The first table tracks the number of Quizzes (I made them separate quizzes but you could make another table to track questions to associate to each quiz depending on what workflow would work best for you):
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 8.27.33 AM

The second table tracks Teams and each of their scores(I’ll expand on the rollup field further down):
Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 5.25.36 PM

The third table is a joins table that tracks each Team’s score for each Quiz. So each time a team completes a quiz you could create a new record using this table to track the team, quiz, and their score for that quiz :
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 8.29.36 AM

(As an aside the main “Unique Name” field is an identifier for that record, and is a formula tracking the team and Quiz with a Autonumber field)
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 8.30.03 AM

With those three tables in place you can now use the Rollup field on the Team’s table to find out a team’s average score:
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 8.34.52 AM

Then, depending on how you’d like to visualize the leaderboard, you could use the Chart App to visualize the score for each team:
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 8.41.36 AM

I hope this helps, but please let me know if I can expand on any of the above!