Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Show most recent linked record only based on field (revision distribution tracking)

Topic Labels: Base design
173 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everybody, thanks in advance for your attention.
I work in a TV series, and I have to send scripts for different episodes to some people (crew, cast, etc) and track which revision I sent to whom.
I have two tables, one with all the revision sets for each episode, linked to another table with all the people’s contacts. They are currently all linked to a single field in the people’s table.
I managed to filter the revisions that I sent to each person in different columns (one column for each episode), but the cell shows me all the revisions that I have sent for that specific episode, while I’d like to show only the latest.
Could you please explain me how to do that?

3 Replies 3

That is relatively tricky to do in Airtable. I explain how to do it in this episode of the BuiltOnAir video podcast:

Thanks a lot Scott, there’s still something I can’t figure out though: in your base every invoice is linked to a single customer, while I am sending (and linking) the same script to multiple people, and not everybody needs to get the latest revision necessarily. So with you approach I just come up with a blank cell for those who just received the second-to-last revision.
Am I missing something from your explanation, or perhaps I should look for a different approach?

Ah, then it sounds like you will need to restructure your database in a completely different way. You will need to create a “many-to-many relationship”, which requires adding a 3rd table called a junction table. Airtable describes this setup here: