128 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G_T
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a table listing persons linked to another table showing tasks. I'm trying to show the remaining tasks a person needs to do.

Example: These two tables are linked

• Table 1: a list of 100 people
  • Table 2: a list of 34 tasks to be done by each person

Each time a person competes a task I link them to the task, so Bob will have 2 tasks done (linked to his record), but Mary will have 30 of the 34 tasks.

It is easy to see how many tasks each person has done, but it is hard to see which ones remain. How do I go about doing this?

Example goal: Mary: 4 tasks remaining, which are W X Y Z

3 Replies 3
Brian_Sweeny
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You will need to have 3400 Tasks (34 x 100). Each of the 100 people has 34 tasks linked to them. 

Each time someone completes a task linked to them, the tasks is marked complete with a check box field.

In order to create all these tasks, I would recommend a repeating automation.

Feel free to schedule a session if you need further assistance!

Hmm, is this list of tasks static?  With reference to the example you provided, does this mean that you have 34 records in the 'Tasks' table, and each of these tasks is linked to 100 people when everyone has completed their tasks?

G_T

Thank you for the replies.

The list of 34 items is static, and is meant to be done by all 100 people.

• So far, I have the 100 people in one table "People", and 34 tasks in another table "Tasks". At the moment, I link a task to a person when they complete it. 
    Example:
  • Today, Bill completed task 1, 3, 6, so I linked each to bill (but so far there are no other linked tasks to Bill)
  • Yesterday, Becky completed tasks 1-10, so each is linked to her (but no other tasks yet since she has not done tasks 11-34)

I tried linking all 34 tasks to a person in one column, and then deleted the actual completed tasks, with the hope of showing the remaining tasks, but this did not work. I feel like there should be a way to reference the total list (34) and only show the remaining (as if I subtracted completed tasks).