249 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey amazing people 🙂 I have a rollup field puling in unique values, and I really would like it sorted (in this case by ascending date) but I can't figure out how to do that? Community Search didn't bring much up for me.

Here are my settings:

Shannon_Bradley_0-1692677780365.png

And here is my display result

Shannon_Bradley_1-1692677816434.png I would like to see "March 3rd, 2023" March 4th, 2023" "March 5th, 2023"

It seems to pull in based on the order of my current Top view in the Table it is pulling from, but even swapping the View with the sort order I want didn't seem to change anything (And I don't want that view at the top anyway)

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5
Dominic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Shannon,

Currently, I don't think there is a simply answer. This link provides a solution using scripting though. Hope that helps.

https://community.airtable.com/t5/development-apis/automatically-sort-linked-records-in-a-cell-by-na...

Dang, seems like it should be simpler. Thank you for linking this!!

Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Does anyone know for sure what triggers the order it pulls in? Maybe I can revamp things to be the way I need them...

Matt_Kennedy1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This hack won't work for complex values (like full dates), but works without scripts and could be used for simple roll-up sorting, and possibly be adapted.

@Shannon_Bradley I believe it sorts based on the order that your linked records are displayed in.