cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Barnes
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, 

I am creating a stock control system for my private clinic. 

I have a table/form set up already with automation, so I enter the medication in stock with lot/batch number and expiry date. 

I'd like to create a form that links to this main view, I enter the medication used that matches to the same lot/batch number, I then enter how much of the medication was used and it deducts from the qty in stock. 

The problem I'm having, when creating the form, I am able to view the medication but the view doesn't show the lot/batch number.  Is there a way I can set this up? 

To clarify, the same name of medication can have different lot/batch numbers which is why it's important to accurately select the right one. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 Replies 2
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Brian,

I'm assuming the first field in your table is a text field for the medication name? I would change this field to a formula field that concatenates the medication name and lot/batch number:

1.  Create a new text field and copy the medication name from your first field to this field.
2.  Edit the first field to be a formula field and enter this formula:  Concatenate({medication_name_field}," - ",{"lot/batch_number_field}).
3.  Your form should now show the new formula field containing both the name and the lot/batch number so you can pick the correct record.

If you want to talk about this further or if you ever need additional help, please schedule some time with me.  Here's my Calendly link: https://calendly.com/d/yhs-mqd-khd/30-minute-help-meeting

Jody

Brian_Barnes

Thank you, that's a great help. 

For such a small project, it's definitely causing frustration lol. 

Thank you.