185 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reclamation
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm trying to create an airtable that will intake many records over the course of day (numbers) in individual rows and then get the sum total of all rows by day. i want the sum to be its own output (i.e. not just the "grouped by" sum function) so i can use it for other uses and visualizations.

i have my main table created and the intake form. however, when i try to create a second table and link records, i can't quite figure out how to (1) automatically import records as they come in and (2) create a sum by date in that table.

2 Replies 2

Try creating a formula field that outputs the created time in a unique day format using DATETIME_FORMAT, something like "DD MMM YYYY"

Then create an automation that'll trigger every time a record gets created and its action will be to paste the value from that formula field into the linked field to the second table

This'll link everything up properly and you can use a rollup field with SUM to get the value you want

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 11.48.26 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 11.48.24 AM.png

Link to base

reclamation
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you! This was exactly what I needed. I was thinking that there would be a rollup answer without first doing the summary formula. Appreciate your help!