cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoMedia
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I have a client base that needs to be shared and synchronized with more than three different bases in a one-way sync (from the client table to all other bases without allowing any modifications to the client data from those other bases). I noticed that there's only an option to sync it to one base. Is there a way to sync it to multiple different bases?

Below is the schema I wish to build:

SoMedia_0-1711620688292.png

7 Replies 7
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, you can sync it to as many bases as you want.

I don’t know if there is an upper limit to how many other bases you can sync it to.

If you’re having trouble, please post a video or screenshots of the problem.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @SoMedia 

First of all, with using the Free plan now there are no options to use Sync Base. See the attached Image.

Another thing is you can connect max number of sync tables across all bases based on your plan.

Sync Base calculation works the same as the max number of records per base calculation works. Only the base connected to more sync tables counts the max number.

If you have an appropriate plan then you can easily connect your client base with all child bases then use linked records and use client data there.

The only important thing is you have to make sure you give proper permission to use parent data to child.

For more information See this official help doc. Getting started with Airtable sync | Airtable Support

Official help has lots of other things as well, Check this video if you get confused. How to use Synced Tables in Airtable One-way Table Sync - YouTube

dilipborad_0-1711626488404.png

👍

When I sync it to more than one base, it doesn't update the changes in the client's base. How can I make sure that all my bases are updated?

Hi, thanks. I did exactly as the tutorial said, but when I sync it to more than one base, it doesn't update the changes in the client's base. How can I make sure that all my bases are updated?

By default, Airtable supports only one-way sync. To use two-way sync you need to use a Business plan.

You can't change anything on the Clients table unless you have a business plan.

For ex. Your client base works as a parent source and other bases work as a child. So you can only use parent data into child data. Can't change it unless you specific plan and enable specific settings of it.

Please read the help documents carefully. There are lots of things that need to be understood properly.

Devinder_Singh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

If the Airtable sync doesn't work, consider using Byteline's data sync between your "Clients" base and other bases.

We support one-way and two-way syncs; our filters can fine-tune the data to sync between the bases. 

You can easily configure three syncs: Clients -> Base1, Client -> Base2, and Clients -> Base3 to solve your problem. We also support historical sync for handling the existing data.

Learn more.

MalachizzBots

Hi @SoMedia, I am with zzBots. The issue like you explained is easy set up and solve with zzBots. You can set up multiple 1-Way syncs, this will insure each one of your bases is updated correctly. For your case you will need to install this Bot Pack 3 times. 

1-Way Sync: https://www.zzbots.com/store/airtable-airtable-1-way-sync