1202 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rita_Spanu
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Does anyone know if its possible to hide a table from some users within a base?

8 Replies 8
Jason_Hill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You cannot hide tables from users you have shared the base with.  Instead of sharing the entire base, you can share links to a view.  Also, with the introduction of Interfaces, you can share an interface without sharing the base data and tables.

Rita_Spanu

thank you.  interfaces, so far, have proven to not give us the outcome we are looking for.  would anyone know how i can switch workspace collaborators to base collaborators? can that be done retroactively? and will it affect current records in our bases and workspace?

I'll use the analogy of a folder and a file. The workspace is the folder, and the base is the file.  If you share the entire folder/workspace, the collaborator can access every file/base within it. If you share only the file/base, they only have access to that particular file/base and no others in that folder/workspace. You can move a collaborator from a workspace to a base or vice versa with no ramifications, but you need to be aware that if you remove a collaborator from the folder/workspace, you take their access away from every file/base within that folder. I have a general practice of only giving workspace access to supervisors/management and all users under that only get access to the file/base.

Rita_Spanu

i have multiple bases in one workspace, and all users within the workspace have access to all the bases.  but, because one of the bases contains some of our accounting information, management wants access to this only to be granted to some users within the workspace.  When we originally set up Airtable, we didnt know this was an option.  Is it possible to do now? Out of the 15 users I currently have in the workspace, I only need 6 of those users to access the Accounting base and everyone else should have access removed, but still have access to all the other bases in the workspace.  The 6 users being granted access to the Accounting base need to retain all access to all other bases in the same workspace.  Is this possible?

If you want them to have access to all bases, just add them to the workspace.

Anyone who you don't want to have all access, just add them to the base but remove them from the workspace.

All workspace users automatically have access to everything.

Rita_Spanu

yes but my problem is all 15 users are already in the workspace as collaborators and have access to all bases within the workspace.  i want to remove a group of people who already have access from one base only.

You cannot remove workspace users from one base only. They, by default, have everything. The only solution is:

1. Remove your users from the workspace and add them all individually to each base you want them to have.
  2. Create a new workspace to move that one base into.
  3. If you are on enterprise, you can take advantage of the groups feature and that will make it easier to assign users to bases.
Rita_Spanu

thats what i was concerned about but seems to be the only solution.  ok, thank you for your help on this!!