cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirstie_Mcconne
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello

I need to collect answers from my clients, to 20 different questions each month. I then put a photo beside the clients answer and have Zapier send the photo and the corresponding answer, to the Instagram of the client, through Buffer.

I’m assuming I will need a seperate table for each client and that it will look like this:
CLIENT TABLE 1
|Q1|Response|Image|Date|
|Q2|Response|Image|Date|
|Q3|Response|Image|Date|

My Airtable Form responses end up in a table like this though…
Client 1 | Q1 Response | Q2 Response | Q3 Response etc
Client 2 | Q1 Response | Q2 Response | Q3 Response etc
Client 3 | Q1 Response | Q2 Response | Q3 Response etc

Which is not really helpful for me, since I need to add the image etc…

How can I rotate that data? Or is there a completely different way to do this that I’m missing!

Thanks!

3 Replies 3
inscript
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

As far as I am aware, forms can only insert records into a single table. So instead of providing clients with the same form, you would want to create a table for each client in advance and then send each client the link to the form related to their own table. Alternatively, if you just want to separate out each client’s responses for your own visibility, you could give each client their own addressable “code” that they would insert into a form. And then from your table, you can filter each view based on that code. This assumes you would want to prevent your client’s from seeing each other in the form, otherwise you can just use a single-select (depending on the number of clients).

I can see why this would be a challenge with Zapier because you need to declare a specific table in advance. Perhaps someone else can chime in with a Zapier solution.

Thank you for replying! I’m still looking for a solution. Maybe I can hire an expert to create some custom code?

I’m still looking for a solution. Maybe I can hire an expert to create some custom code?

Hi @Kirstie_Mcconnell,

All of this can be easily accomplished with Make, which doesn't require any custom coding. Make is a low-code/no-code automation & integration platform that works with Airtable.

There is a little bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well. For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld