1378 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Navjeet_Chabbew
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a table photos that has a column (Uploaded By) which stores email of the user that uploaded a photo (I am using Softr.io). I want to have another column in photos that should have name of the user (from Users table) whose email matches email in Users table, when a photo record is created. Is that doable?

2 Replies 2

Hello @Navjeet_Chabbewal!

I actually just posted a message in another thread that will help you achieve exactly what you’re looking to do!

To change it around a bit for your use-case, you will want to execute the record search in the Users table using the email address of the submitter as your search value.

Then all you need to do is link the found record to the new photos record!

It’s in the post I linked, but it’s worth highlighting here as well:

There are some things to keep in mind with this configuration.

Firstly, this relys on there always being an associated customer in the table that will match the customer ID from the new activity record.

Second, you need to create a backstop that will account for situations where the customer either (1) does not exist, or (2) dirty data entry means that customer IDs are incorrectly entered and cause a break in the link.

My recommendation is to create a conditional automation that says that if the search for a customer returns false, then fire off an email or Slack message to let you know that a new activity record was created, but did not return a customer search result based on the customer ID.

This will allow you to easily troubleshoot when it does occur.

In this case, you want to make sure that if the search for your user returns false, that you have something in place that will flag down that something has gone wrong.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this method!

Thanks for your response. I was able to find a simple solution on Softr.io side as I have access to user’s (logged in) name that I can save when a photo is saved.