cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoCode_Nerd
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey,
I am trying to build a holiday let portal. The front end will be on Softr. I have had help on their forum but I’m still not getting where I’m going wrong?

What I’m trying to do is when a person selects a country from a single select option, the next dropdown will show counties/regions in the selected country.

I have tried two tables and linked fields but no joy?

Screenshot 2022-02-09 5.40.02 PM
Screenshot 2022-02-09 5.40.40 PM

As you can see, I have a property page with a single select country and a separate table with counties. Then I get stuck. I have watched videos, read the documentation and I’m starting to think A) I’m stupid or B) I’m setting it up wrong …

Any advice - Please!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@NoCode_Nerd

I haven’t used Softr yet so I can’t guide you there, but this functionality is built into MiniExtensions and can be setup very easily there in just a few minutes:

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7

Nope. It is option (C). This is very hard to do in Airtable.
There are various creative workarounds for this involving complex rollups and formulas when working in Airtable directly. However, those systems do not work in forms or in 3rd party systems. There are some third-party forms that support this “sub-select”.

Haha, I’m glad it’s not me then, I didn’t consider an option C. I think it might start getting above my skill set. Thank you so much, you’ve saved me many more hours of frustration.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@NoCode_Nerd

I haven’t used Softr yet so I can’t guide you there, but this functionality is built into MiniExtensions and can be setup very easily there in just a few minutes:

Thanks Scott, I’ll take a look.

That looks perfect, I’d have to pay monthly and $79 per month makes it a bit steep at the moment. But thank you for advice.

You’re welcome! Note that if you pay for a year in advance, it drops to $39 per month. You also get access to all of their extensions, so maybe if you find more than one that you would get use out of, it might be worth it.

Yes, I might have to work up to it. I can make do for now, at least I know it can be done.