Help

Re: About the Custom Extensions category

993 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This category is for developers to discuss building custom extensions and connect with each other. If you’re looking to get access to the developer platform in order to build custom apps, fill out th... and you’ll be granted immediate access. And Apps are the new Blocks! Read more about our announcement here.

Share what you’re building, and learn more about what other people are building! You’ll occasionally see Airtable developers hanging out here to provide support.

7 Replies 7
Rutvik_Patel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How long does it take to get accepted after submitting the beta program form ?

Hi! We send out invites daily (sometimes more often), so it should take less than 24 hours to get access.

Rutvik_Patel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have got it thanks!

Adel_Muursepp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would it be possible to build a mobile app or something similar? I’m guessing PWA is the closest, right? Thanks!

@Adel_Muursepp
Blocks don’t work in the mobile app (you can’t see them), and using Airtable in a mobile browser is not an experience worth pursuing – so I’d say no, right now neither mobile apps nor PWA’s are viable use cases for custom blocks.

Custom blocks seem to be really meant for desktop use within the browser or native Airtable app.

This assessment still holds true a year later. A baffling choice for a company as obsessed with appealing to everyone as Airtable is. Don’t they know people use smartphones? I’ve heard there’s even a language that works in the browser, who knows that they’ll think of next. Productvity tools on 7-inch screens? Nah.

Baptiste_Desmet
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey Airtable Team,

I’m here because i had an idea, i’ve create a sort of Admin Dashboard with the Airtable things embeded and wanted to know if you think is a good idea to make it become a sort of “program” that people can request ?

I put here some preview :

Capture d’écran 2021-08-08 à 16.50.48

Capture d’écran 2021-08-08 à 16.51.08

Capture d’écran 2021-08-08 à 16.51.36

This one use the Free Admin Dashboard - Stisla

AIRTABLE_ADMIN

And i’ve also created this logo, the program can be named Airtable Admin