1425 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bhanuka_Kirinde
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Goal: To connect the database on Airtable to QlikSense via the REST API and retrieve more that 100 records using pagination.

Problem: Unable to retrieve more than 100 records at a time using the REST API Airtbale provides.

We use Airtable to manage our databases and there is a need to visualize our data through Qlik. Airtable provides a REST API and Qlik provides a data source connector. Even though we are able to connect to the database via the REST API the main issue arises when we have to retrieve all records in the database. This has to do with the Airtable pagination.

Airtable only allows 100 records to be retrieved and if more needs to be retrieved pagination needs to be used. Airtable provides a pagination type of offset however doesn’t provide additional details.

The two ways we’ve been trying to approach this issue is through the.

1. List item

The Qlik data engine
pasted image 0 (1)

1. Using the Qlik connection tool

The issue that’s been run in to constantly with this approach is that it says the ‘total fields path isn’t mentioned’

The connection works however the following error is displayed
unnamed (1) unnamed
pasted image 0 (1)

1 Reply 1

This is not the problem. The pagination works well and I’m guessing since I started reading your post, at least seven such API calls of mine extracted more than 20,000 rows from Airtable through the REST API.

Your issue is with the Qlik configuration of the connection tool to establish a working integration. The API docs are all you need, and if still stuck, this might help …