Help

Re: Anyone using the API for Siri Shortcuts?

1703 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew_Cassine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey everyone,

I’m a “Shortcuts developer” (for lack of a better word) and I tend to use Airtable’s API frequently to log records, retrieve them, and update them.

Just curious if anyone else does the same!

I see a thread from a few years ago, but it’s gotten even easier with the Shortcutify app lately.

10 Replies 10

I do :slightly_smiling_face:

Mostly to create records. Some examples - I track my commutes; I use an NFC tag in the phone holder in my car to kick off this shortcut. I track gas fill-ups. I create games sessions for board games (NFC tag to launch this) and have friends submit scores to it via a form.

I still can’t find how to create a decent layout from the results from a Fetch Record HTML output from the shortcut.

slyfox
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Can you please share the Siri shortcuts that you use to update an Airtable record? I figured out how to create a new record but not how to update the existing one.

How would the shortcuts app know which record or ID to update?

Hi @slyfox

I have a Siri Shortcut that I found.

Here are screenshots, although it’s for deleting Airtable records, maybe it can still help.

Mary Kay

image image image image

slyfox
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@M_k Don’t see the screenshot. Can you please also share the iCloud link to this shortcut?

Hi

I needed to switch iPads to get the info.

Here are some links. Also, check out this website, they have some Airtable shortcuts. That’s were I got these from.

Hope it helps.

Mary

Also, read the requirements section.

slyfox
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’ve seen those but I can’t figure out how to use them. For instance, I need to first infall UpdateKit, which I can’t figure out where to find it.

Hi @slyfox

Can this help?

https://www.mikebeas.com/updatekit/docs/

Also I did a search with the keywords: “update kit shortcut” in Google. There is a link to Reddit. Also check out Reddit, Shortcut community, (search in Reddit: Shortcut, there’s more postings) that might be another place to check.

It seems that the update tool kit is used to keep the shortcut updated, for whenever you are running it.

slyfox
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you. I will be digging though the links and learning.

Hi @slyfox

Your welcome!

Here is one to more link to add to your collection. :grinning:

It seems one approach is to look at this as functions that you piece together to make a shortcut.

Mary Kay